Wednesday 29 April 2015


Standing at the edge of my life…


Sometimes it feels like I am standing at the edge of my life. I see myself loving my husband and family, fussing and worrying over my mom, taking care of my animals and pets and conducting my work and chores.

(All of which are HUGE BLESSINGS!!!)

Yet despite all these activities it felt as if life was happening without my input or participation. And for the most part it was because these were the times when I simply stepped out of the way and let life happen without any intervention on my part.

 Standing on the Edge of my Life

“Sometimes we just need to step aside and let life happen.”

With all the mounting pressures and responsibilities that come our way, sometimes it appears as if events in our lives are going to collide and we are unable; or in some cases simply too weary to intervene.

This situation recently presented itself in my life.

There were simply too many outside factors at play, all vying for my attention, all pressing and important and for a awhile, I successfully juggled and managed what had to be done, but as I gradually got more weary, I started to step aside, (just for a rest) and discovered that my life went on regardless of whether I actually actively participated or not. 

Perhaps that’s why the warning in Ephesians 5:16 says “So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!” 
The Message

Everything just seemed too much, the world at large, the xenophobia flare up in South Africa, the tragic farm murders and daily hi-jacking’s, not to mention the horrendous treatment my mother was receiving at a state hospital, the never ending chores and responsibilities all added to the sense of hopelessness and helplessness.

Clearly it was time to “stop” and realize that the whole world was not in my hands and that I have zero control over anything anyway. Thankfully, my God whispered into my ear and told me to step aside. Just look at my world from outside in and realize that everything is in His Hands. It’s then easy to set the guilt aside and just rest in the knowledge that He will make sure that life does not crumble around me.

Standing on the Edge of My Life

How about you? Have you ever felt overwhelmed by all the “important” things you have to do? How do you cope? Want to step to the edge here beside me? It’s ok there is plenty of room.

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment