Friday 10 July 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

Five Minute Friday

Hope


I have recently joined a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. 

For more information please visit Kate Motaung at Heading Home. 


Here goes!!!!



Psalm 42:11 “Why are you cast down, O my soul? 
And why are you disquieted within me? 
Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, 
The help of my countenance and my God.”

Hope rushes into  the ruins of our troubles.

Hope wades right into our heavy and hard …

Hope is a person … a saviour …

When all seems at its worst, Hope ignites a tiny spark within my heart… 

That just maybe … it will turn out alright

Just maybe … it will pass

prompting me to try again …

to get up …

 to face the ugly head on…

to press into the hard …

to deal with the impossible and unpleasant …

Hope not only wades right  into my mess to find me …

Hope also picks me up … and carries me out

When I am just …

 too heavy to look up …

too heavy to stand …

too heavy to move ….

Hope is my Jesus…

Knowing that He has all things in His hands …

Aware that He loves me … Despite me …

I dare to hope in Hope!!!

Because I know He always brings me out of the heavy…

He always saves me …

I will sing His praises because He is the One who is worthy of my praise…

He is my saviour and my God…

Do you like me sometimes find yourself deep in the heaviness of heart brought on by circumstances and life?  
Sometimes we walk right into it without thought; but most times circumstances throw us into the middle of the ugly and hard and we struggle to stay afloat …

Remember always: Hope is a Person and His name is Jesus…

He will fetch you right in the middle of your mess…and bring you out of it…

*Hugs* till next time.

AriƩte



No comments:

Post a Comment