Friday 17 July 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

Free on the safe side of the boundaries




I have recently joined a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. 

For more information please visit Kate Motaung at Heading Home. 


Here goes!!!!

John 8:31-38 “Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him. “If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. 
Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.””

As a believer I have learned that to be completely free, I have to stay within the boundaries set by the Father…These boundaries are not designed to deny me pleasure and happiness, but rather because of His great love for me and the obvious fact that I cannot be trusted with my own freedom. (My past is testimony to that) Not to mention the enemy that lurks in dark places seeking to destroy me at any opportunity.

I am an animal lover and live on a small holding with all sorts of livestock and of course my very beloved dogs. I have boundary fences in place to protect my chickens, stalls to protect my horses, donkeys, sheep and goats. I also have an entirely different camp in which my dogs roam free, but still within boundaries, during the day to enjoy the outdoors.

None of these fences, stalls and boundaries were installed because I dislike my animals and want to deny them pleasure; but rather because I know the dangers they would face should they roam free. 

Dangers that they are totally unaware of.

I don’t place a collar and lead on my dogs when we go for walks in order to limit their freedom, but rather to provide them freedom to walk with me but safely for their protection from other dogs, vehicles and from simply getting lost should they wonder too far.

My Father knows the dangers I would face if 
I were left to roam free. 

I believe that He placed us on this planet, within our “Time Frame” (Genesis to Revelations) in order to protect us. In addition, He gave us His Word to direct us and educate us on the boundaries we are required to remain within, in order to be truly free. 

These things are symbols of my collar and lead while I am “going for my walks”. They provide the safety net I need in order to be free. Without them I could easily wonder off and become trapped by some evil scheme devised by the devil for my downfall.

Equally, as much as I love my animals and would love to give them treats every single day, I know that their digestive systems were just not designed for things that I regard as “Treats”… I can give my dogs a piece of chocolate once in a while and it certainly won’t harm them; but if I did this every single day, they would soon become ill.

There are certain things in this world that would not harm me immediately if I was exposed to them, but if I make them regular activities they will surely lead to my downfall and demise so I am better simply avoiding them altogether.

For me to be truly free, I have to stay within the boundaries set for me, where I am safe, provided for and cherished…As soon as I become rebellious and wonder outside the boundaries, I trade freedom for bondage to whatever scheme the enemy places in my path.

*Hugs* till next time.

AriƩte

No comments:

Post a Comment