Friday 11 September 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

Same


I have recently joined a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. For more information please visit Kate Motaung at Heading Home. 


 The word for this week is :


START:

My husband, my  love…

Life has a way of changing on a person…Just when we become comfortable with the status quo; everything gets turned upside down and scrambled….

Promises made are sometimes crumpled underfoot, faded and forgotten…

The steady ebb and flow of life, brings about twists and turns that cannot be foreseen or anticipated….

In spite of this:-

I have you my husband, but you are not the same husband I started out with.
I have children, but our children multiplied, enlarging our family and challenging our hearts, to love children we did not birth.
I have a home with you, but it’s not the one I built up from nothing.
I have dreams and hopes for our future; but these are not the dreams I nurtured from childhood and into adulthood.

Life happened…The good…the bad and the unexpected…

Nothing remained the same

Yet even as I type these words I dare to hope…

That it will be your same hands…that reach for mine, as we age and are not as steady on our feet as we are today…

That it will be your same piercing blue eyes that make contact with mine, across a crowded room, even if the image is blurry and fuzzy with age.

That it will be your same voice, that yells into my ear, when we are both hard of hearing and forced to communicate loudly with one another.

That it will be your same heart that beats with mine…as we face out autumn and winter seasons together, even if our heart  rhythms have to be medicated to keep them beating.

That it will be your same ageing arthritic body that lays beside my ageing arthritic body…as we share the night hours in  restless sleep.

That it will be your same name that I proudly bear till death lays me in the grave, and sends me home to my maker…

This is my prayer…despite all the changes that will come…

I hope that these things will stay the same

I love you…

END:

*Hugs* till next time.

AriƩte

No comments:

Post a Comment