Wednesday 14 October 2015

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days
Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants

Day 27: ASSESS THE DAMAGE




Nehemiah 2: 13 – 15 ” So I went out at night by the Valley Gate toward the Dragon’s Well and to the Refuse Gate and inspected the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were consumed by fire. 14 Then I passed over to the Fountain Gate and to the King’s Pool, but there was no place for the animal that I was riding to pass.15 So I went up at night by the ravine [of Kidron] and inspected the wall; then I turned back and entered [the city] by the Valley Gate, and returned.(AMP) 

Another lesson learned from the strategy recorded in Nehemiah was that Nehemiah walked around the city walls prior to beginning and assessed the actual physical damages incurred over time. 

Incorporating this method into my prayer challenge required me to consider each loved one individually that I had committed to pray for and think about the areas in their lives (that I am aware of) where I could focus and direct my prayers into. (Areas of vulnerability, illness, anything the enemy had stolen from them or areas of general struggle – warfare and also areas where I could pray positively into their lives - blessings). I didn’t know every single need or area of vulnerability, but I know I can rely on Holy Spirit to direct my prayers more specifically once I’m more trained by Him.

However, once, I knew the Who (I wanted to pray for) and the What (I wanted to pray about) it was easier to note the specifics under each person’s name. Therefore, I made name cards with each person’s needs. My bible and note book would obviously no longer be sufficient storage places, so I moved to the wall in my room and placed everyone’s name card under my mind maps…

Spiritual Lesson:

Now that I have more structure and direction in which to pray, my prayers have taken a new course. I am no longer at a loss for words.  I find that as I consider the next person or place I am praying for and follow my notes, there is momentum. I can avoid unnecessary repetition and when I am finished, I truly feel that my prayer time has had real meaning.

Physical Lesson:

I have to admit I didn’t see this coming when I started this prayer challenge. All I wanted to know was whether or not I should be wearing a head covering when I pray. Instead of answering that one question (which I now believe is a definite yes). I find myself organised, focused and my prayers have moved from being on my knees to a combination of kneeling and pacing, depending on what or who I am praying for. Occasionally, I even add a note or two to my name cards, as I think and pray about something that isn’t already written down.

Prayer:

Father God, thank you for this wonderful privilege to approach You with our prayers and petitions and thank you Holy Spirit for Your guidance and direction. It’s exciting to learn and grow deeper in understanding. Thank you that we have the ability to learn.

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment