Wednesday 14 October 2015

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days
Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants

Day 24 - 26: 
VISION – EYES TO SEE
LOGISTICS




This weekend arrived and I found that once again I have plenty of time to reflect, read and pray about the circumstances and challenge. What a contrast to the beginning of this challenge when I could barely find the time to think, far less study and take notes.   

I found myself reading the story of Nehemiah and I realized again that he didn’t just decide to go and rebuild the wall surrounding the City of Jerusalem but he reflected and took all the logistics into consideration. Only when he was certain that he had covered all the possible angles, did he commence with the actual building. So too, must I as a prayer warrior, intercessor for loved one and friends have to look at the logistics and enter my prayer “chamber” armed and prepared.

So I started here:

1.    Confessed my dependence on Him.

Nehemiah 1:4 “… and I was fasting and praying [constantly] before the God of heaven. And I said, “Please, O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps the covenant and loving kindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments,” (AMP) Emphasis my own.

2.    Express regret for not listening.

Nehemiah 1:7 “ We have acted very corruptly against You and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the ordinances which You commanded Your servant Moses.” (AMP) Emphasis my own.

3.    Consider who I want to cover in prayer and why? (See diagrams)

Nehemiah 2:13 “ So I went out at night by the Valley Gate toward the Dragon’s Well and to the Refuse Gate and inspected the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were consumed by fire. 14 Then I passed over to the Fountain Gate and to the King’s Pool, but there was no place for the animal that I was riding to pass.15 So I went up at night by the ravine [of Kidron] and inspected the wall; then I turned back and entered [the city] by the Valley Gate, and returned.” (AMP) Emphasis my own.

Spiritual Lesson:


If I want to be an effective prayer warrior in the Kingdom of God, I can’t continue as before. I need to take the time to strategize a little. I have said my quick “Oh Lord” prayers in an emergency or crises, and they are certainly valid; however, when I enter my prayer chamber, I must be more organized. Being a visual person, I made myself the following mind map… (in order to inspect my “wall”)



Physical Lesson:

I am now stronger and although I’m not physically fit (I confess I don’t like exercise) I am certainly spiritually fitter than before I started this challenge. I am excited about what I am learning and my head covering is now not only a pretty regal scarf, but also a war helmet, reminding me of who I am in Jesus and under Whose command I submit to. I believe the unseen world sees this in the same manner (possibly even more than I presently understand).

The above mentioned mind maps now have a place in my bible and on my wall so that I can begin to pray with more structure and purpose.

Prayer:

Father God, thank You for leading us ever go gently from broken places to places of strength and purpose. Please forgive us for failing to Hear You when You have spoken and forgive us for sinning against You when we have failed to comply with Your commandments.

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment