Wednesday 21 October 2015

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days
Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants

Day 30: FAMILY MINISTRY/RESTORATION



I believe I am now called to begin family ministry with my grown children, step children, siblings, parents etc. and share the knowledge I have gained. We all live dispersed through various different communities around the city and country. Therefore, we do not all fellowship together, but attend various churches within our own communities.

There is nothing inherently wrong with this but I do believe that we as family should specifically be ministering to one another, listening to one another’s concerns and praying for one another in a more purposeful manner for unity.

The enemy of our souls targets families and tears them apart creating feuds and rifts that are largely unnecessary, bringing division because there is great spiritual power to be found in united prayerful families. I can only imagine what a difference it would make if everyone in our family began to pray more purposely and effectively to one another.

I explained all of the above to my husband (when he visited) this evening and we both knelt together and interceded for one another, our marriage and for our extended family as never before. I believe our mutual prayer penetrated every obstacle and problem we have been facing and I am confident that from here on out, we will grow in strength. What the enemy attempted to destroy, our Lord only strengthened and is restoring.

Spiritual Lesson:

Prayer is very much a spiritual discipline; one that anyone  from a child to an adult can master, yet few of us truly press in to understand precisely how to pray; however this does not mean that we cannot press in and grow and utilize practical resources to assist us. My prayer life has advanced in leaps and bounds since I discovered this little truth; however, as with all things worthwhile, I would be remiss if I did not point out that the enemy does not stand idly by when we commit to grow in our personal prayer lives, but throws all types of painful and on occasion quite disruptive fiery darts our way.

Physical Lesson:

My prayer life has now changed irrevocably and I aim to set aside a prayer room in my house, where anyone of us within the home can retreat to and pray uninterrupted.
I also intend to rewrite this challenge in a user friendly book in order to be utilized as a guide for anyone else that would like to follow suit.

The head covering, while praying is a definite must as far as I am concerned.

Prayer:

Our Father, Precious Lord, Thank You for the ability to learn, to stretch and to be tested. Although the experience is not always pleasant, the results are always worth the effort, because You know best. Now that we have scratched the surface, please help us to press in ever deeper, practicing the spiritual discipline of prayer and communion with You, until we perfect it..

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment